We offer a home visit eye examiantion service for the housebound. For NHS qualifying patients there is no charge for this service. We have extensive portable equipment including a portable digital retinal camera. Our home visit eye examinations are carried out by Richard Naisbitt – registered with the General Optical Council and Durham PCT.
Please telephone 0191 3770628 to make an appointment.
Who qualifies for a free home visit eye test?
If you are housebound or unable to leave the house unaccompanied then you are eligible for a sight test at home.
You are eligible for a FREE NHS sight test if you:
- are aged 60 or over
- receive income support, guaranteed pension credit or income based job seekers allowance
- have a valid HC2 or tax exemption certificate
- are registered blind or partially sighted
- suffer from diabetes or glaucoma
- are aged 40 or over, with a direct relative who has glaucoma
- have been prescribed complex lenses
- are under 16
Home visit eye examinations are available in the County Durham area for new and existing patients. To make an appointment please telephone Gundy and Naisbitt, Coxhoe 0191 3770628.